Friday, March 20, 2009

Fornarina

Fornarina is an Italian fashion brand that I have had my eye on for the past few years. I would describe the clothes as delightfully tacky. Very delightfully. Cutesy, sexy,and just plain fun. Their Spring/Summer 2009 collection combines tasty sweets, flowy chiffon, quirky graphics, simple staples, hearts, and a little tough edge. I wish I could get my hands on a few of these adorable pieces.
My favorite elements include:
1. Sophie Bag
2. Kerstin Necklace
3. Mash T-shirt & Mayo shorts,
4. Cook top
5. Dada dress
6. Oven Jacket
7. Beiki T-shirt



Their choice of Lindsey Lohan as the face of Fornarina though, I am not so supportive of. She is anything but cute and sexy. The girl had such potential when we saw her in Mean Girls but since then... I just rather not see her as the face of anything.









Fornarina's fashion show seems to be a combination of fashion, art, music, and performance called Urban Beauty Show. The following pictures are from this event which happened on May 12th 2009. It looks like a beautiful show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!