Sunday, May 16, 2010

My favorite place.

What a nice little weekend I've had. Last night one of my closest friends, Mary,  was in town with her family to see her oldest brothers band Cola-Cola. I met up with her to see them at Reggie's Music Joint. Afterward we went out for a bit to a karaoke bar and had a good time.

Today I met up on our bikes with Megan and Alice by the lake. With a strong wind slowing us, we rode down the lakefront trail. We stopped and checked out The Sometimes Store. Quite a sweet little place. The concept is that their location changes. They set up in store fronts, apartments, or where ever the Chicago wind blows them. Its open on Sundays. I didn't find anything today but it is worth future visits.

On my way home, I stopped by my favorite place in the city. Its just a rocky area near the Lincoln Park Zoo that the waves crash up against and there is a beautiful view of the skyline.

All this biking was done while I was busy wearing these 5 inch Sonia Rykiel for H&M wedges. I had wanted them for a while, but when I saw them for $15 on sale I was a happy clam. I'm still in waiting for crazy high platform wedges but these ones are pretty up there. They were fun to wear besides the judgmental  looks  from "athletes" and the one real bike chick who passed me on the lakefront trail and sarcastically shouted "nice biking shoes."


Random note. I was really entertained by this police bike locked up with handcuffs.
Outfit: fishnet top- We Love Colors, dress- Free People, leggings- F21, wedges- Sonia Ryikel for H&M, headband- H&M, necklaces- vintage and own design.

2 comments:

  1. lovely blog here!!!!

    cool posts!!!!

    amazin outfits!!!

    great job:))

    pls come visit and join:))) if u like!!!

    kiss

    www.thebeautifulandthehard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great time! i love the photos! i have no idea how you walk in those wedges but they are amazing! the headband is supercute too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!