Saturday, June 12, 2010

jewels and such

A little internet window shopping on a Friday night has lead me to Shrimpton Couture where I came across these wondrously large necklaces by Anita Quansah.  They make me want to get back into jewelry making more than anything. I've had some fun crafting around the house to make things, but I'd like to get my hands back on a torch and some solder and all that jazz again. My new plan is to graduate college continue working retail and start a jewelry line but that won't happen with my rusty metalsmithing skills and lack of access to equipment. (I don't think that is really my life plan I'm just bitter about anything else.) I am planning to take a jewelry class at an art center this summer as I have not taken one since the five times I took the class in high school. Annnnnnnyway... back to Anita Quansah beautiful collection for Shrimpton Couture. I adore how over sized these pieces are. They are like statement necklaces plus some. Just take a look.
 
all images from Shrimpton Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!